Ibadan Poly ND 2 student missing after exams

The Polytechnic gate

A student of the Department of Computer Science, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, Damilola Bada, has went missing for four weeks, with members of his family still anxious about his whereabouts.

It was learnt that the National Diploma 2 student went missing few days after he finished his examinations.

According to the brother of the missing student, Timilehin, the 20-year-old Damilola was last heard from on July 4 when a member of the family called to inquire about when he would come home.

Timilehin added that Damilola’s friend do not know his whereabout, noting that the family’s effort to find him had so far proved abortive.

He said, “Damilola finished his exams on July 1 and on July 4, we called him to ask when he would be coming home and he said the following day, but since then, we have not been able to ascertain his whereabouts”

“When he was with us at Ijebu Ode, he used to disappear like that but then we could still contact him and know his whereabouts; but this time, we don’t even have the means of contacting him. We, however, got to know that he had disagreement with some people regarding money and his twin brother had to travel to Ibadan”

“The twin brother left there on July 5 after Damilola told him that he had some things in Ibadan and since then, we have not heard anything from him. Although when something like this happened in the past, we used to contact his twin brother and he would tell us what was going on, but this time, he does not even know his whereabouts.”

The 27-year-old Damilola’s brother said that the family had visited police station in Ibadan to know if he was arrested and were told that he was not, noting that the family had also printed fliers and pasted same in strategic places so that anybody with useful information on missing Damilola can inform the police.

It was gathered that the matter had been reported at the Apete Police Station in Ibadan, while when contacted, the Oyo State Police Public Relation Officer, Olugbenga Fadeyi, said that the command had no record of the incident.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here